HouSe of LeAVeS

PROJECT RAGLAND ("House of Leaves")
BeGiN DaTe: April 2005
PaRTneRs iN CRiMe: Amy Ackman, Michael Breeding, Tom Garwood, Erica Minton
aLsO cOnTRiBuTiNg: Bradley Garwood, Ryan Garwood

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Good thing we have a piece of wood on a rope.

Amy and I spent a good couple of hours in the HouSe of LeAVeS today. Our missions: to clean up the kitchen as much as we could, and to clear out Den1 (there are three rooms that I consider to be the "den"). I had another mission, which was to get pictures of the outside of the house-- I hadn't posted any yet because it was always rainy or overcast when I went over there. Today was gorgeous.

So gorgeous, in fact, that we got to air out the house. Finally. It needed it desperately. While it's still a bit musty, it's exponentially better than it was when we got there.

But why the kitchen first? Dad's moving in. While we (Amy, Ryan, and I) take over the family home, Dad's moving in to Raglan. Brave soul. He's even going to use the creepy shower stall in the basement until we rig up a real bathroom. The kitchen was a health hazard, honestly. Amy and I took care of a big chunk of it (see picture) but there's plenty more to do, even just in that room. We spent $50 on cleaning supplies, and it's clear they aren't going to go as far as I'd hoped.

Den1 is also in use now. It was full of clutter and junk... most of which we simply relocated to Den3, but at least it's all in one place now. ;) I scrubbed down the chairs and vaccuumed, while Amy de-dust-ified. I about killed another vaccuum cleaner-- they just aren't up to the job of shag carpeting that hasn't been vaccuumed since it was installed. (Or so it would seem.) Amy found out that there's tile under the carpet, too. Brick tile. What... is with... the brick tile?!

Ooh, same room, new story. I decided to clean off the chandelier in that room because it was probably the filtihiest thing I've found in the apartment yet. No joke. The dust was thick and greenish-brownish-yellow. Under the dust, it was SILVER. I had no idea. Anyway, that's not the interesting part. When I climbed on a chair to dust it, I found keys hidden on the main wheel-part. I took pictures because I'm a dork and I thought it was really cool.

We didn't get much else done today-- the kitchen was a big job, and we only got mostly through that one half of it. (There's another half, with the stove and refridgerator, which has yet to be touched.) But already you can breathe in that room, and it smells like PineSol, not mildew. Mmm. The windows are all clean and there's light now, too. A vast improvement.

I'm really excited to get crackin' on the projects. As Amy told me on the way home, after today it seems like more than just talk about the future. This is something that's actually happening now. As soon as there's a bathroom I want to move in, too. Soon I'll have all the time that I want. Mwuhuhahaha.

Aside from those points, little else of note occurred. There was one Satan-cat and one annoying child, but no ghosts yet. I learned how to turn the water on and off. Whoopdidoo. I also learned that there's a lock on the attic door, so you can actually get locked in there. Creeeeepy.

Okay, enough blabbing. Look at the new pictures!

1 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Blogger Jared Cherup said...

Umm... too many posts on the main page? :) Just a thought. Looking good guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home